Abyss headphones AB-1266 Phi
The Abyss AB-1266 Phi is the apex of the headphone world. Many years of development and research went into the making of what is considered the finest sounding headphone money can buy. Patent-pending ultra thin speakers deliver a most natural sound to your ears.
From the very first note you will hear musicians and instruments in a whole new way. Voices appear out of nowhere and float in between your ears. Piano is in front of you to the left, singers in the center of your forehead while drums are slightly forward of them. No electronic tricks, simply the natural sounds of the recording coming through striking emotional chords, that's Abyss. The AB-1266 can convey the power of a huge symphony and the nuances of the quietest sounds in nature, a private concert for one.
- Made in the USA. We machine all aluminum frame components and produce our planer speaker drivers in-house in Western New York. Leather goods such as ear pads, headbands, and carry bags are sewn in California.
- Chassis consists of left/right side frames and adjustable two piece headband. No plastic parts to break, all components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration.
- High quality finishes, polished metal accents, hand-brushed artistic touches.
- Proprietary planar magnetic transducer design (Patent Pending) utilizing our very thin, very low mass diaphragm. Effortless dynamics and low level detail retrieval in the bass, mids, and highs with spacious sound outside of your head. A front row listening experience with stunning bass impact no other headphone can provide, like the finest loudspeakers in a private room.
- Matched driver pairs.
- Unique custom made high power neodymium magnets with optimized slot pattern.
- Low carbon steel front baffle with integrated resonance control.
- Unique breathable aluminum sides acoustically tuned to our planar diaphragm for completely open sound.
- High quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Magnetically adjustable positioning lets you fine tune acoustics and fit for your music, and you.
- Padded leather headband with head movement isolation properly distributes weight for hours of comfortable wear. Looks are deceiving, these headphones are designed not to clamp your head, but rather float atop and loosely touch your ears (no problem with eye glasses). 'Abyss' embroidered logo.
- Dual balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) XLR cable set, and both 1/4" (6.3 mm) and 4 pin XLR cable Y-adaptors, all custom made high performance cables by JPS Labs for Abyss. Internal wiring also by JPS Labs.
- Heavy leather man bag style carry case (made in California, USA) with extra room and pockets for an iPad, portable amp or player, for a completely portable high resolution audio system.
- Nicely hand-crafted two-tone felt lined wooden box touting the Abyss Headphones logo secures all of the above.
- Heavy aluminum headphone stand laser engraved with the Abyss logo for easy storage and always ready to play.
- All main components permanently laser engraved for traceability and collectability.
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 28 KHz
- Impedance: 46 ohms nominal (non-reactive)
- Phase: Flat
- Sensitivity: 85 dB/mW
- Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
- Weight: 620 grams